Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving races

Lani, Rose, Mike, Chip, Mary and I ran races today.  In Lani's case, two races! Rose placed 1st in age and Lani essentially placed 1st in age cuz we're not counting Mary-Lynn Currier who obviously is from another planet.  Mike managed exactly an 8 minute pace.

http://coolrunning.com/results/11/ct/Nov24_Malibu_set1.shtml
http://coolrunning.com/results/11/ct/Nov24_75thAn_set1.shtml

I ran like a tortoise today compared to all of the above. I ran a 24:50. My race, in my defense, had two semi-killer hills.

Brother Chip emailed me ...

Hi Lee, this is just a quick note before I head out to Brian and Nichole's place in Jamaica Plain, Boston.

Sorry for no post from me following my [not actually] 4th place finish in this last Sunday's Fitchburg 5 Miler.  I later learned I came in 6th.  Results are on Cool Running.  I tried posting a rather detailed note on the Brickyard running log journal, but am afraid I screwed up on the order of button clicking -- and I ended up losing the story (and my Thank-you to Rose for her nice comment to me) -- pressing "Format" then "Help" then "Practice" after my full entry.  So, I guess my minimal sandbox entry is what is left of that.  Oh well ...


Today's 8:00 AM race in Ayer went super well.  JUST missed third place for real this time with a 4th place 23:52 time for 5k.  Weather was stunningly beautiful and a bit chilly.  Huge turn-out of about 700+ runners.  I think I finished in the top quarter over-all but will have to check the official results to confirm.

Oh yes, the picture was taken by a runner named Tim.  He and his wife had one of those smart phones and I took some of him and his group -- which he may also send to me later.

Happy Thankgiving to you, Linda and Mary.  I am waving as I leave the apartments now to go to the train.  Bye, wave, Bye, wave waving wave, Bye-Bye, wave......

chasb

2 comments:

  1. Malibu Fitness was great. I waited around to meet Lani but never hooked up. Rose's 1st place is significant because before she was sick with a cold.

    ReplyDelete