Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, November 4, 2011

Well ... That was interesting


The above image is from Jen Lowe's album "From The End Of This Hallway." The raised arm and yellow flower reminds me of our emerging from this week of cancelled school, cold nights, no Halloween, Dunkin Donuts runs at 5 AM, sponge baths, friends helping friends, no internet, eventually getting together again with the people we love.

http://jenlowe.com/from-the-end-of-this-hallway

Last nite, on our way to see "Puss in Boots," which I highly recommend, I got a call from Joann, our neighbor, telling us our power was back on. Linda and I had our first "real meal" since last Sunday at the Cromwell Diner, which I also highly recommend. I have just skimmed the 106 email messages I got this last week. Mostly junk. Tray called me to check how things were a couple of days back. Rose has been taking care of at least 6 people for the better part of the week. Lea called me yesterday and told me she won't run Ghost Run as she's been helping out at her town's shelter all week and needs sleep. We've thrown out all the food in both the upstairs and downstairs freezers and fridge. I've run maybe every third day for about 5 miles, slow. Several friends are still w/o power. I've spent a very large fraction of my days in front of our fireplace, burning very expensive wood (didn't buy the cord that was available a week and a half ago cuz we didn't have the cash and then when we did they were only selling car trunk loads for $40).

Rose and I are running Ghost Run tomorrow. Tray's wondering if anybody's running the Malibu Turkey Day Race (good Manchester alternative). I'll be in Vermont for Thanksgiving and will run a 5K in Barton.

Lynda Jaeger is wondering if anybody's running Brickyard tomorrow. Rose, Lea and I obviously aren't but maybe you are. I'll email her a link to this post so she can know what people are doing via any comments you leave.

I'm going out now to take a picture of the transformer that has been down all week on Constance Leigh Drive. I want to see if it's back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment