Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brickyarders at a crossroads

It seems a good time to think long and hard about where we're going with the group. Recent internal events have made it clear that we are a diverse group with different needs, takes, interests etc. I've been thinking about remarks made by the "main players" and just wanted to say that I now realize things that I did not realize before and that I for one want very much for us to talk more to each other about what we want our group to be and what we should do to make it that way. So it's a good time to step back and think how important our friendships are and move forward with a new vision.

Lee

2 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone,

    Dave and I just got back from New Hampshire, where we spent time with our good friends at their house on Lake Winnipesaukee. We drove there after the race on Saturday. The running in New Hampshire is very challenging. The hills evoke cries of "Oh my gosh" (to be polite). I am a pain in the butt. Oh, I meant to say, I have a pain in the butt. My piriformis syndrome is acting up (Rose knows what this is from experience). I found some good stretches on YouTube and loaded up with Advil, but I think I may have to train a bit less in the next few weeks. I enjoy the Brickyarders group - diversity is what makes it so interesting. Hope to see everyone soon.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice, Barbara - New Hampshire, not the pain in your buns. LOL! Hope you start to feel better with the stretching. My tendinitis is acting up. I had a reflexology session today and it actually hurts more now.

    It could be hurting though because this morning I finally made it up the mountain!!! I'm referring to a 1 1/4 mile hill 10% grade that I've been wanting to conquer for over a year now. I wasn't sure I would make it all the way without walking but I did. Now that I've done it, I can't say that I want to do it again. Oh well.

    As for the direction of the group, I'm not sure what that means or what we have to do to figure that out. I'm open to suggestions.

    Tray

    ReplyDelete