Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, May 13, 2011

Weekend plans

Hello everyone. Hope everyone has had a great week so far. Looks like we have another great weekend of racing ahead with the Avon 5k and the Newington Library 5k. Good luck to all runners.
I ran last night the Thursday nite group at WHR. We were a collection of injured and ailing runners no doubt. Todd Brown (just off Boston and now training for Hartford in the "New England's Finest Program") ran in bilateral leg splints, Peter Hawley and Cinde took a detour due to their injuries. Kathy, Katie, Todd, and I hobbled on. At about mile 5, my stomach started to complain about the 4 am bike ride, a long breakless day at work, and then a trail run. My mind drifted and I hit the dirt in a spectacular fashion sustaining abrasions to my hand and forearm which I'm hoping don't keep me out of the pool. Found out Tracy and I did not get lost on our run last Saturday, just did not go far enough on the last trail section- we were actually at the very end of the run.
Anyway, not sure what is going at the Brickyard on Sat so may join the HTC girls for a trail run(and I hope it's running not dirt diving this time around!) in Simsbury.
Happy running- Lani
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone,

    My plan is to run the Avon 5K on Sunday (probably in the rain) and therefore, I will not run tomorrow. I don't know if Dave will be racing on Sunday. Sorry to hear about all the injuries and mishaps and hope that the bruises heal quickly.

    Enjoy the weekend-Barbara

    ReplyDelete