Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Wet Trails!

Thought I would give my brutally honest opinion of this morning's trail run with Lani and Kathy Shultz. In 2 words, "Holy cow!" These women mean serious business and while the run was no more than a walk in the park for them, I was struggling to keep my heart from beating out of my chest at times.

We started with "only 5-6 min." (Kathy's words) of uphill running. I'm not gonna lie - I was nervous about the rest of the run after that. We got to the crest of the hill and, unfortunately, the much talked about stunning view was completely whited out with fog. Oh well, gives me a reason to go back.

We ran a little more and got to a flooded area that we had to cross. The water was flowing rapidly and was ankle deep with pointy, big rocks on the bottom. Now I was having fun! The more puddles and water we sloshed through, the better. Even though there were points on the trail with many obstacles, rough terrain, and water, those were the parts I enjoyed the most. Gee, I wonder why - maybe because my poor heart got a break and now my brain had to concentrate so as not to wipe out!

All kidding aside, I had a terrific morning. It was a challenge for this newbie to trail running. But I'm game for more! Thanks ladies!

Tray

2 comments:

  1. I agree it was a nice run, and it's got me thinking: hill repeats up Talcott Mountain...to the "H" of course. Anyone want to join me? -Lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. But I will shorten the length of mine to 300-400 meters and do several repeats.

    ReplyDelete