Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, May 6, 2011

giving


Peter gave me this bike today. Gave. As in "How much are you asking for it?" I unfortunately can't remember exactly what he said but it all translated to he wanted to give it to me. No money. Lani and Peter, between them, own (now that I have the above) "only" definitely 4 and possibly 5 bikes. Peter's bike is a 26 pound steel frame I can't remember who made it beautiful bike which he likes because it fits him better than the one I now own which he got from a friend of his who is smaller than he is; after riding it a bit it became clear he needed a bigger bike.

This is a Cannondale R400, shimano hardware, aluminum frame, new tires, recently tuned up, about 19 pounds, clip pedals, no "kickstand." I took it out for a test ride and ... knew it was a beautiful bike, one I would love to call my own.

Thank you Peter. Thank you Lani.

Tray is funny. She writes (I sent her the above photo)

"It is an awesome bike!  Maybe we'll have to do cross-training now.  We have road bikes for the roads and mountain/hybrid bikes for the trails.  Could you imagine us on the trails with a bike? Aye.  You'd be looking behind you as you approached a tree limb on the ground, flip over the handle bars... it would be a big mess."

Hey, guess what!?!!!! I got my Saucony ProGrid Lite Kinvaras today! Rose started it. Lee became interested. Tracy got jealous. And yes, they will be on my bare feet tomorrow morning at 8 am as I attempt to break 22 minutes. Note the word "bare." Hey, with all this talk of Vibram, no shoes at all, Born to Run, Nike has been messin' with our natural self, I'm going for it. Breaking all the rules. Run a race w/ shoes you've never used and do it w/o socks. If I don't PR tomorrow, maybe next week @ the Newington 5k.

1 comment:

  1. The Tray quote is now grammatically correct. When you quote an English teacher, be careful. You might get called for plagiarism if you forget those quotation marks.

    ReplyDelete