Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Clean Up Day!


Click the picture or the link under it to see other pictures. 

Lani started her day with a run with Mary at Brickyard. My brother and I arrived at the Unionville counterpart to the Brickyard parking lot at 9:45. Some of the volunteers didn't come so Lani paired up with Monique and they did one section of the River Trail while Chip and I did another. I met Duane and Sam and traded phone numbers before we all split up to do the clean up job. Duane knows a lot about bikes and I told him I'd be calling him to learn more. (Later in the day Lani told me Peter has a Cannondale road bike he'll sell me for a very good price. More on this in a later post!) We worked for 4 hours and picked up an amazing amount of trash. We even pulled one of those tool containers some people put in the backs of their trucks. The guy that was in charge of our group hauled it away in his truck. The cairn shots (sometimes these are called "prayer mounds") are pretty awesome don't you think? There were I bet about 50 of them on our section. We got thanked for what we were doing by three different sets of people. Chip, Linda and I went out to Olive Garden for dinner after getting back. And then had birthday cake (Linda is awesome if you hadn't figured this out yet). Pretty much a perfect 10 day, I'd say. Thanks Lani for telling us about it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice recap and pictures of a 'perfect 10' day, Lee. Loved picking up trash with you and the group. Enjoyed seeing Linda and having her excellent cake, too.

    ReplyDelete