Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Newington Library 5K Challenge


Click the link below or the picture to see more pictures and text.





The Hartford Track Club and its awesome spin-off, Brickyarders, were in high gear this morning at the 15th annual Newington Library 5K Challenge. Tray PR'd (3rd time this year) and placed 3rd, Lani placed 1st, was 17th overall and 5th woman, Rose placed 2nd, LBrad took awesome pix, Peter emerged from a 2.5 year Rip Van Winklesque sleep and came across looking strong, Lee still needs to go under 22 minutes, Turkington placed 2nd (Lee tried a sneak by w/ Dickie at mile 2 but that only made him run faster), Flo placed 1st and, last but surely not least, Ms Cyr placed 1st. The rain held off (but came down hard when we all finished).

One last thing. Lee wore bib number 1 (thank you Kevin Mason, race director). This was because he has run 10 Newington Library 5K Challenges. He was awarded a medal for this achievement.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. The homemade bread is really good Lani! Thanx.

And finally, next time, let's all run even faster! Track work. Track work. Track work.

2 comments:

  1. Keep running your intervals Lee, the goal is in sight.

    BTW, did anyone notice that the medals given out today are THE SAME EXACT ones they gave out at the Malibu Fitness Thanksgiving 5K last year??

    Lee, have you tallied up how many HTC members placed at Newington and Avon, it would be interesting to see as I think I saw one our ours in every age division.

    Momma Rose has advised me to start signing my posts, so here I go:

    -Lani.
    Only those who risk going too far will know how far they can go. TS Eliot. (This is on my Hardcore 100 indoor century bike DVD which I did this afternoon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't expect our current readership will need to know this detail but, for the record, if you own a Garmin (Lea, are you there?) and want to edit a run, it can be done!

    Occasionally, I forget to stop my watch after a race (or a run) and when I upload the data, my 5000 meter race has turned into a 16760.39 meter event where the last 11760.39 meters are what happened between the end of the event and the time I discovered I was still recording. The graphical display of my route is pretty interesting; there's this red splotch centered about 24 East Cedar Street where I spent roughly 38540.04 - (22*60 55/60) seconds wandering about my house, oblivious to the fact that my every move was being recorded for perpetuity.

    What you do is this. The Garmin upload site has an export feature whereby you can download the file that contains your data. This data is editable and you can remove from it all the lines that correspond to post-race / pre-discovery-your-watch-is-still-on. You then can use the manual upload feature of the Garmin site and feed it the edited file. You basically replace the record that has the splotch with the record that doesn't.

    Here's what I'm talking about:

    splotched
    unsplotched

    ReplyDelete